Friday, March 4, 2011

Back to Running with My Sweet Husband

Ryan and I have been running together again. We are scheduled to run the 1/2 Marathon in OKC May 1st. It's really exciting for me to share a goal with him and work so steadily and hard for it. Sometimes I wonder if I can do it- but his support keeps me going. For two twenty-somethings that have gotten a bit out of shape the past few years, it's been hard, but satisfying.

These are my new running shoes. I'm freakishly brand loyal, so they are from my favorite New Balance store in Utica Square.

I asked the salesman all sorts of ridiculous questions. For instance, I'm intrigued by the new "barefoot" running craze that has shoe manufacturers making shoes with very thin soles, so I asked him a lot about that. I don't think I am ready for that yet, especially with the distances we want to run right now and the lack of conditioning we have, as well as the fact that we run on concrete.

Anyway, I may post some of the good articles I have read relating to running here. I know quite a few of you readers are runners too (One of you runs with us sometimes!).

I think what I have learned the most is that if you set a goal, sometimes to achieve it, you have to really focus on the task at hand and not the seemingly insurmountable end task. Run the 3 miles well today and the 4 next week- trust the 13.1 will come.

How can I apply that to other areas of my life? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...