Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Glorious rings paired together


When I see beautiful rings at the flea market, I snap them up if they are the right price. I don't care what finger they fit. Lately, I have been getting ones that fit on my right middle finger. I've been wearing a ring on that finger and on my right ring finger. It's fun to pair them together.

The top ring on your left is one I bought as a child in Eureka Springs, Arkansas; it's made of wire and beads. The other is one I bought at the flea market recently. It's more traditional costume jewelry. The thing I love about it is that it is so gorgeous, but so plastic. I love that the creator took the time to make it so detailed and ornate on its setting, even though it is not fine jewelry. Craftsmanship!

The bottom row of rings, starting on your left, is another flea market find. It's gold wire and very interestingly constructed. The middle circles are clear and almost button like. The whole thing reminds me of the inside of a clock or gadget. It's purposeful construction and delicate features make it a very smart-looking ring. The other ring is one my momma gave me. Dad bought it and a matching bracelet for her in New Orleans over Mardi Gras while she was pregnant with me. I was heart-broken one day in college when I broke up with a long time boyfriend, and I told my mom I was sad that I would have to stop wearing the ring he gave me and that I no longer had someone to love me as much as he did. She said, I love you more than you can ever imagine and you can wear this ring to remember it.  Makes me tear up just remembering that moment. My mom is the best.


1 comment:

  1. I know you've told me that story about the ring from your mom before, but I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...