Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthday Celebration Dinner


It was my friend Sara Harper's birthday this week. I've known her since 6th grade; old friends are a special treat. She was with me through all my formative years and life benchmarks. We don't see each other as much because of jobs and life, but I was super excited when I answered the door and we had the same haircut (dark long hair with bangs straight above the eyebrows).  While being grown ups keeps us from hanging out as much as we used to, there is some cosmic-fashion wavelength where we will always be joined. All that to say, she is a friend to be celebrated.

Sara and her fiance came over to dinner. Ryan whipped up some tasty stir-fry, and I set a table I hoped would make her feel special. Birthdays are the best in my mind. I brought out all my favorite things for her: my Greek great grandmother's table cloth, my blue cake plate with birds on it, our lovely china, shiny gold napkins, vintage polka dot wine glasses, sparkly glitter candles (The pictures don't do them justice.), and as a final touch-- brass animals to sit in front of each plate!

And I picked up decadent chocolate cupcakes from Nibbles between 81st and 91st on Memorial. Fabulous!

Also dessert napkins I got at Lambrusco'z in the southeast corner shopping center at 41st and Peoria. They say "The day you were born, the world had to make room for a little more fancy."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...