Thursday, November 18, 2010

Greek Great Grandmother and Setting the Table

There is nothing like setting a random weekday night's dinner table with some of your finest. The evening seriously could have gone the sit-on-the-couch-and-fend-off-the-dog route, but we invited a good friend over, Ryan made the most delicious roasted vegetable stack (eggplant, onions, tomatoes, red peppers...) and marina sauce, and I decided to do my part.

I cleared our kitchen table and used my great Greek grandmother Georgia's tablecloth and napkins she embroidered herself (Just some of the bounty my mom gave to me when she was preparing to move.). The pictures do not quite do it justice- it's a lighter more elegant peachy color that looks so perfect with our apple green and gold china.

I never knew Georgia, but I am certain we would have loved one another.





P.S. I used to be so afraid to use a tablecloth for fear it would get spilled on. I've learned some quality stain removal techniques- don't worry- you can get it out- use your beautiful things! It makes you feel so nice to sit at a set table, and you don't have to fend off the puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...