Saturday, March 19, 2011


My brother is getting married today to the most lovely woman.

I'm certain this will be the wedding I cry the most at...I can't seem to stop telling people about them and the wedding, and I just feel so much happiness for my brother and his beautiful bride Michelle.

I'm reading a poem at the wedding. Well, it's a hymn I found in our parish's Gather book. I heard it sung right after Ryan and I got married. I revised it just a tiny bit to better suit a joyful wedding occasion. The author is Richard Gillard.


The Servant Song
Will you let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace to
Let you be my servant too.
We are pilgrims on a journey
We are travelers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load.
I will hold the light up for you
In the night-time of your fear
I will hold my hand out to you
Speak the peace you long to hear.
I will weep when you are weeping.
When you laugh, I’ll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
Til we’ve seen this journey through.
When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony
That He’s seen fit to bind together
The love of you and me.

[The cake photo is from the I am Baker Blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...