Friday, December 17, 2010

Nothing says party like a pie in a jar

I was so excited when Cup of Jo showed the link to these awesome pies in jars. Ryan and I decided to try it ourselves.

Ryan lined mini canning jars with pre-made pie dough, plopped the filling in (cherry and apple!) and folded the dough over on top.
We baked them for 30 minutes or so at 475. I guess there is some controversy over whether the glass will break while baking, but our consensus was that these jars were made for boiling in hot water, so we'd risk it.

I put saran wrap on top and tied some green and white twine around the jars to secure it.

If you don't want to make the mess or you want perfectly curated top crust, the price is right for ordering them at All Jarred Up's Etsy store.


*Also, I called a friend to ask if she wanted to make them with me, and she said "All I want in the world is to make tiny pies in jars, but I have to do the complete opposite of that- I have to supervise a meth screening." Ha! I hadn't thought of that before, but those two things just might truly be each other's exact opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...