Monday, December 28, 2009

I Believe

I discovered my old Xanga blog and read through some of it, and read through some of my friends' old entries. Weird that whole parts of our lives are documented out there on the internet...xanga covers late high school to just after college. In my personal journals and on xanga, I've written the- "I Believe" entry. Probably inspired by the This I Believe NPR spot. Mine, however, are more listy than thesis-based paragraph.

I believe in God. I believe in modern medicine. I believe in taking care of yourself. I believe in pearl earrings. I believe in my Husband, Ryan. I believe in love and our future and our laughter. I believe in friends being family. I believe in family being friends. I believe in dinner parties. I believe in traditions, prayers, and quiet. I believe in allowing oneself to get bored. I believe in knowing I have control over my life and decisions. I believe I can make a difference. I believe in short work weeks. I believe in my husband's cooking. :-) I believe in having friends who get you to have more fun than you probably would have on your own. I believe in playing in the snow. I believe in lighting candles. I believe in reasoning with myself. I believe in dancing in the car like a faux thug.

Well, enough with that. There is much work to do. The office is so quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...