Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Diningroom Updates

    
    (Chair from Goodhousekeeping.com)
    
  • Walter scratched away the edges of the top of our dining room table when he was super young and curious. This blogger shows how to decoupage fabric to the top of the table; take a look before you roll up your nose like I did when I first read the post title. It actually looks quite nice. We've also considered sanding and coating it with lacquer. Of course, Ryan has also offered the possibility of building me a table with shiny metal legs from an office furniture resale warehouse and a very clean, crafted top. I'm just ready for an update!
  • Speaking of the dining room, our chairs in that room need new seat fabric ASAP. I watched this video, and it hit me how easy this fix is. I'm grabbing Ry and going to JoAnn's Fabric pretty soon to pick out a new look. Oh! and here is a blog post about re-doing dining room chairs. We could totally do this!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I didn't think I would like it, but it really makes her table pop. If you decide to build a table or decoupage fabric on your current table would you write a post for me?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...