Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Helectiva









Do you pay attention to fonts? Ryan and I watcheHelvetica, a film about the font Helvetica. There is much discussion over the font's merits- too pedestrian or perhaps just the answer for grounding excellent design? This was the font that cleaned up design in the 50s and got straight to the point after the recent world wars.


I have been using Helvetica for a while now on the blog, but I rarely use it in design at my office. Do you have any feelings about font?

2 comments:

  1. Font vs. Typeface. http://www.publish.com/c/a/Graphics-Tools/Font-vs-typeface/

    But more importantly, only silly typefaces like that papyrus are pedestrian. Designers can let any text soar with a typeface like helvetica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you through the whole documentary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...